Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SJ 10 INITIAL CONCEPT OF VIEWING TOWER

These were my developments during consultation with Miss D and Miss Norma to help shape my viewing tower. My inspiration was from a case study of the Gugenhaim Art Museum in Bilbao where the roofings are wavy, almost looking like slides, where it has a Latino feel to it, which so happens to be Dora's ancestory roots.

This one was more rigid as I want to portay the simplicity of Dora the Explorer but find it too enclosed and too 'squarish' for Dora's cheerful and creative character.



This one became more oragnic but lacks dynamics.



After further consultations with my lecturers, this was what I came up with. A tower with a plan view of a circle, equally cut into two, with one half slighly higher than the other. This makes it more practical for Dora as there are differences in terms of gradient of the slope. It is pink, it is bubbly and fun and most importantly, it serves the purpose for Dora to search for adventure as it gives a 360 degree view of her surrounding, letting her choose which path to take (by taking different slides)

No comments:

Post a Comment